Friday, November 10, 2017

Yeah, Don’t Mess with us Sprightly Ladies!



My Review of "Don't Mess with Mrs. Sedgewick"  
by Mary F. Martin 

This was not only a fun read, but should convince the “younger folk” not to discount us sprightly, well-mannered ladies they tend to ignore in their youthful self-importance. If hard pressed – as Mrs. Sedgewick was – we old gals can nimbly spring to action to foil evil perpetrators with aplomb.

Written in an easy style, the book provided me with much-needed chuckles and relief from my usual more serious reading fare. I call the book “delightful.” And I am sticking to it despite its “improbability,” as some reviewers contend.

Not so fast. There was a time when my apartment was broken into. It took me one year to get the robber behind bars simply through tenacious high-heeled legwork by myself; after which three police departments (Boston, Cambridge and Brookline) offered me a job as a detective (I said, "No, thanks").

Henceforth, “Don’t Mess With Mrs. Sedgewick” isn’t that far-fetched – as well as a very enjoyable read.
 

 Check out Ma4ry Martin's Amazon Author Page for more:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your review of Mrs. Sedgewick. I noticed an up tick in sales after your review.

    Marie Martin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my opinion seemed to have had some effect. We can all use a little bit more visibility. I truly enjoyed the indomitable Mrs. Sedgewick and her friends.

      Delete