Monday, February 8, 2016

Rowing Across the Atlantic

 In today’s news, an intrepid group of men is setting out to row across the Atlantic from Portugal all the way down to Venezuela. Not in a comfy yacht or even sailboat. They are hoping to accomplish this audacious feat in an open rowboat!


 Team Essence practices off the coast of Portugal. Photo: Tobi Corney

Their projected route is of particular interest to me since I am describing almost the same route (in reverse) in my novel, After the Cataclysm, Book 3 of the Legends of the Winged Scarab series. 

Except, I am giving my protagonists a little more protection against the elements in their 34-foot Pilothouse Fisher, a sturdy sailboat (they make it, too).

The Route my "Esperanza" took in "After the Cataclysm," took her from Venezuela to the Canary Islands - and then into the Mediterranean.


Quite a difference, isn't it?

As a sailing enthusiast, my best wishes go with these men.
I will be following Team Essence on their progress to their hopefully successful completion all the way.



You too can follow them on Twitter: @teamessencerow 

No comments:

Post a Comment