Friday, February 20, 2015

Acronyms, Nothing but Acronyms

     As a writer, I am expected to speak and definitely write in complete sentences without the use of acronyms (unless properly explained).
     The latest three letters in use baffled me: SNL. They were all over the media and at first I thought it was something out of FSOG (here we go again). I wasn't really curious. Still, I finally Googled the darn things: SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE! Who knew?
     Not I. But then, I am a dinosaur as far as language is concerned. You see, I still expect people to tell me something without the annoying “like,” and “you know,” and “I mean” so freely interspersed these days, especially by the young.
     As I scrolled down, I came across another another meaning of SNL. Oops, seems I wasn't too far off the first time. It apparently also stands for “Sex Now or Leave.”
     Good bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment