Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Power of the Author

I am distressed to see that Egypt is being dismanteled, toppled bit by bit, just like its awe-inspiring monuments.

Somehow, I feel remorse that I predicted such unrest in my novel SIROCCO, Storm over Land and See. But then, I must ask myself, what about my other prediction? The one at the end of the book? Could I perhaps rewrite history?

Yes. I am the author! I have power!

I shall concoct a sequel. And while I cannot change the unfortunate path Egypt's people are choosing in hopes of a better future, perhaps I can "rescue" my characters one more time...I'll work on that. At least, then I feel that I will have done all I can - in my mind; in my heart. Because I have grown to love those brittle bones still waiting to be freed from the desert sand; those ancient treasures hoping to be preserved forever.

The "Legends of the Winged Scarab" shall live on...

No comments:

Post a Comment